Email your postings to AmericasWorstEmployers@Yahoo.com.

Postings will be live within 1 hour.


America's Worst Employers Team

By filing a complaint on America's Worst Employers, it's almost like creating your own web site.

..And, it's FREE.

Your complaint will be discovered by millions of readers.

Search engines will automatically discover most reports, meaning that within just a few days or weeks, your report may be found on search engines when consumers search, using key words relating to your complaint.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

JT Advertising

JT Advertising
Phone: 305-468-3810
Fax: 305-468-3811
8280 Nw 27th Ave
Miami, Florida, 33122
U.S.A.


The other victim reports here have really confirmed my experience with this company as a scam.

I was searching the internet for a job and came by this job. I automatically called and scheduled an appointment. They told me that all appointments were held at either 11:00am or 3:00pm so i already knew that i was going to be in an appointment with a group of people.

I get to the office in Doral and enter a very tiny office. There was a small desk where the 'receptionist' was and then she walked me into a room in the back with a few chairs and a desk with a computer. The walls were poorly painted and they had old goal oriented and success posters on the wall. I waiting in the 'waiting room' for around an hour and a half along with 3 other people.

The so called manager then walks into the office on her cell phone complaining about an eviction notice which held the wait for another 10 minutes. This already seemed very unprofessional for an advertising company. As soon as she walks in I notice that she is wearing an old pair of sandals and a shirt that she was about to bust out of.

We then pursue into her office where she starts the interview. She began telling me that they do a lot of events at conventions such as Nascar and the Boat and car shows. I told her i wanted to work full time and wondered how that would be possible if those type of events happen every few months but she told me that they always have events. She then told me she really wanted me for the job and that the pay would be discussed after my evaluation.

Friday morning I came for my evalutation. The day prior she told me to wear a red polo shirt and some flat shoes. Again I sat in the waiting room for about an hour with one other person. They pass me a form stating that i will not be paid for my evaluation. That right there should of been my red flag because that emposes that not too many people stay after the first day.

All the employees were in the back of the building listening to music and chanting really loud. I could hear the manager screaming and trying to get them all roudy and ready to go. After the hour wait she comes in and pairs me with on of the head trainers. As we are getting ready to leave I tell them that I would prefer to go in my own car and follow them to wherever they were going, but they insist i would ride with them.

So we get in the car and stop at a bank. The whole time in the car the trainer was asking me what i considered good advertising and the reason they do what they do is because regular advertising such as billboards and commercials aren't good enough. Mind you he has yet to tell me what we are doing.

We then drive to a gas station in the south west area. The trainer told me to follow him around and observe what he does. He walked into the gas station and let the empoyees know that they are there for the 'event'. As soon as I walk out the trainers team member was already setting up the table in the front of the gas station.

The whole afternoon consisted of walking around the gas station to customers pumping gas and letting them know that we are working for FW1 a waterless car wash and wax. They would go up to all the people and introduce themselves and explain to them that they were there to give a free demostration.

After I heard those words I got really upset. They expect me to stand at a gas station and bother people pumping gas and then they expect me to wipe there windshield, hood and tire to show the product. I refused to even try it. Once he would get a sale he would let the poor customer know that he would take cash or credit. One of the customers wanted to pay credit so they trainer went into the gas station and asked for a paper that transfer the credit card number and information. He then called a number to so call 'confirm' the credit card and he gave all the customers information to whoever was on the other side of the phone.

The customer had to be a fool to fall for this. That is how you get your identity stolen.I then asked the trainer how often do they post at gas stations. He tells me that they do this inbetween convention center events and that they give them different gas stations to go to. So thats basically saying that, that is what the job is. He then begins to tell me how wonderful his manager is and that she is only 23 years old and that after 3 months he would become a manager and they would give him his own office wherever he wants to be located at.

After hearing all this garbage I asked to be taken back to my car. They were reluctant in taking me and asked to be excused so they can talk amongst themselves. At that point I was ready to snap and luckly they saw it in my face and finally took me back to the office. When we got there I wanted to speak to the manager but no one was in the office and the door's were locked so i just left.

This company is ridiculous, they have you bothering people at a gas station and to top it off they could even be doing identity theft. Who knows who they are really calling to confirm the credit card. Oh and the uniforms that they were wearing the shirts look like nascar polo shirts with a patch ironed on. I saw those shirts at a uniform store on 27th ave. They probably bought the shirts themselves and ironed on the path.

G
Miami, FL
U.S.A.

No comments: